Former Minister of Tourism, Rabbi Benny Elon is the founder and visionary behind the Shalom Yerushaliyim Center. He pioneered the establishment of the Shalom Yerushaliyim Center as an initiative designed to educate men and women of faith about the importance and necessity of a united Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel.
Rabbi Elon is the former Chairman of the Knesset Christian Allies Caucus and currently serves as the president of the International Israel Allies Caucus Foundation.
During his twelve years as a Member of Knesset, Rabbi Elon served twice as Minister of Tourism. He also chaired the Science and Technology Committee and sat on the prestigious Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee as well as on numerous others.
Shalom Yerushalayim is a center, whose goal is to inspire and educate decision-makers around the world, in order to strengthen their support of the united city of Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel.
The vision of Shalom Yerushalayim is to educate international decision makers about the importance of the united city of Jerusalem, the undivided capital of Israel. The Shalom Yerushalayim building offers spiritual leaders and politicians with a place to meet face to face and develop a strategy for educating their constituencies about the importance of a united Jerusalem and to pressure their respective governments to move their embassies to Israel’s capital. The center will act as a staging point for them to interact with the Israeli leaders and the citizens of Jerusalem. The Shalom Yerushalayim center will act as the official headquarters of the International Israel Allies Caucus Foundation (IIACF) and house the offices of the Knesset Christian Allies Caucus (KCAC). The center seeks to be a focal point for tours and delegations so that Israel’s friends and allies can have the opportunity to be educated about Jerusalem and trained so that they have the tools needed to join the battle for public support.
- To educate others about the importance of a united Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in order to influence public opinion.
- To train Christian tours and delegations so that they can contribute to the campaign for a united Jerusalem.
- To act as a meeting place for world leaders who wish to promote the issue of a united Jerusalem.
- To launch an online campaign designed to mobilize supporters of Jerusalem around the world.
- To mobilize spiritual leaders around the world to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.